March 7, 2012

Grab Bag #4: it was nice out today...

* - There is peace and solace in shaving. I'm not good at it for some reason (I don't want to cut my fuckin face open) but lately I have been opting to shave at home instead of getting it done with my haircut. Something about playing music, pouring up a shot of whiskey and doing some manscaping (as they call it) is really calming, especially before bed. I understand why chicks are into the whole makeup/spa/face stuff now.

* - What's the obsession with these competitive cooking shows? I remember the boom of the Food Networks and I enjoyed watching one cook in a kitchen who knew what the hell he or she is doing, and they plan a dish, cook it and show you in detail how to make it. Now it's all this time clock, surprise ingredient bullshit. If I want to watch a competition, I'll cut to the game, otherwise just show me how to make eggs benedict and fuckin french toast.

* - Ok, I did watch 3 hours of Chopped, and it was kinda good. But still, enough with the damn king/queen of the kitchen shit.

* - I'm getting really fucking sick and damn tired of the homeless people up here in st.paul. They take begging to a new level. What's with them asking for cash, then when you say "I don't have any cash on me" they ask to walk to an ATM with you. The Fuck? No person of the street has ever made such an obnoxious request of me yet, and thank Tebow because I would pose the question of how long have they been homeless, only to answer it myself with long enough to not realise that you can only get 10 or 20 bucks minimum out of an ATM. And I'll be dammed if I give someone on the streets out here 20 bucks. Fuck that.

* - This summer, I will be able to accomplish a wonderful feat that has been nearly 2 and a half decades in the making. I am 8 sporting events away from 500 games in my lifetime. I counted up all of the sports events I've been to from Sox games to Hawks and Wolves and all sports in between. I plan on having a big group party for Game No. 500. I want to thank my wonderful parents who made majority of that happen. It will be one of my proudest moments in life.

It's hump day, go make it happen ;)
Later y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment