March 7, 2012

caught in a slump...

So, as previously mentioned, I live in the worst dating city in america. Saint Paul, Minnesota.
In addition to being one terrible place to attempt to find a date, it's a really awful place to try and find a "hook up" as well.

I am currently on a near 11 month run of no sex. I feel like a priest, or a monk or any other person who goes through this type of purgatory on earth. I have lowered, raised and re-lowered my stances on who'd I sleep with. Basically now at the point where any girl between 18 and 42 without any sexual diseases who's "DTF (as the kids call it)" is open tryout.

Now, I would love to find the super awesome girl of my dreams to date forever, but that hasn't really materalised up here at all (all the cool attractive girls I've met are taken or un-interested) but I don't get why it's so hard to find clean, non-slutty women who want fun, unattached sex. (I'm beating a dead hoar, just read "Worst Dating City in America")

But one question I have is, what do women do to break sex slumps? Granted, it's pretty hard to be a girl and not find someone who wants to sleep with you (date article covers that too) but when it does happen, do chicks do like most guys do?

In the baseball (and other sports) communities, there's a time when a player falls into a slumping streak, and said player will go into a bar or club and find an very unattractive female and sleep with them in an effort to bust the slump.

While the nature of "Slumpbusting" seems very mean-spirited, it makes one wonder if this is a solid method of reversing a string of bad luck.

Sure, I would feel pretty bad about possibly crushing someone if they mistake my sexual advances for an emotional attachment (even though the odds of sudden emotional attachment are on the same par of the T'Wolves odds to win the NBA Title)

But at the same time, dealing with a sex slump is painful in its own right. I wouldn't wish this kind of bad luck on my 2nd worse enemy (my 1st worse, probably, but that guy's an asshole for sure). The mental aspect is what makes it difficult. Am I really that bad looking? Hell, I've had some drunk chicks shut me down during this slump. It makes your re-tool your approach and overthink things, when it all should be simple.

In closing, I realise, like everyone else that steps in the batter's box, I have to keep swinging and eventually one will connect.

1 comment:

  1. Man you should have told me, I know chicks from the bingo hall that would put it on ya, depends and all N69 BINGO LOL

    ReplyDelete