February 16, 2012

my liver really does hurt

Ok so it's early thursday morning as I write this, I've spent the last several days drinking with one of my good friends to celebrate her birthday. Why she chose me to be her bar crawl planner makes total sense and is also pure lunacy at the same time. Yes, I do know all the great bars here in Minneapolis & St.Paul, but in my 4 years of living here, I have hit these said bars really fucking hard, and so my "pickled organs" (a term recently coined by another friend of mine) are defintely feeling the effects of a week long bar crawl.

Night 1 ended with 10 random drinks (whiskey drink, vodka drink, lager drink, cider drink) and puking after a bumpy cab van ride home. Tonight was a lot better (my old pal whiskey stayed in the bottle) and I stuck with my 2010 standby Cider. Some have asked, Alex, how the fuck can you drink so much? Between the baseball body, blended heritages of Black, Scottish and Native American (meaning 2 nights I'll hold it well and night 3 I'll go woo-woo) and being involuntarly single (and celibate... Grr) sets up the perfect play for a drunk-in-training. But do not cry for my health, as this is not an addiction, but merely a play in the game of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment