February 26, 2012

because everyone keeps asking me, "what's up with your (old) band?"

So a few people have asked me what went down with I, Corvinus and why did they break-up, go on hiatus, and now re-form with everyone returning but me.

I won't go into detail on the original reasons for the initial breakup other than personal issues between members. I announced my departure the day before the last show on January 14th. 2 weeks after that, we had a meeting to discuss the future of the band. Things were patched up and it was agreed that the band would be on Hiatus, not play shows and would record the remaining written songs that were not on the EP, "When No One is Listening"

With all 5 members being involved in other projects, it seemed to be a while before the recording process would start. Apparently, in recent weeks, tracking has gotten well underway on several songs, unbeknownst to my knowledge. Had it not been for reading a fellow members' facebook post, I still would not have been informed.

At the meeting, I stated that I was willing to record the tracks and wasn't certain as to whether or not to return full-time to the band. Since that meeting, the majority of the band has neglected to contact me about anything related to the recording process. I was informed about a potential replacement, in which I agreed to if I didn't wish to return back. Now, super recently, it has been billed as the return of the band from hiatus with their new bassist (I'm keeping names out of this because I'm not slamming anyone, I'm just reporting what has taken place)

As a result of this sudden change, I withdrew my offer to record or perform any more music with I, Corvinus. I am deeply disappointed with the way things ultimately ended. It was basically shown that the year and a half I spend tirelessly working and promoting with the band ment absolutely nothing and it was cemented with the outright neglect to contact me about any current moves other than finding a replacement. Nonetheless, I wish the band success in the future.

1 comment:

  1. That is terrible :/ You don't deserve that for everything you did for them. Just saying. - Niki

    ReplyDelete