July 24, 2012

Cosmo: Funny read, but really?

So, I'm pretty old school in the sense that I like to still read and subscribe to magazines. I recently signed up to GQ and Esquire, and as a promo, I'm getting Redbook, Wired and Cosmo.


I always read Cosmo sporadically, back when I used to get my hair cut at the same salon my Mom went to, and then on the lobby tables outside my Dad's office. It seemed like a boring read when I was a child, but over time, I realised that a lot of women read this and look to this mag for a ton of advice. Eventually, I saw this more as a glance into the playbook of a woman, if you will.


But if you really read some of the shit that they write in here, it's not super bright advice or wisdom. (like Esquire , for example, is basically the Older Brother I never had) A lot of the things they claim men like or want from a woman is absolute bullshit. And I've had several female friends say that a lot of these tips are garbage as well.


Case in point, half of the relationship tips in here are common sense things that no one (magazine or person) should have to tell you, and the other half is stuff that is only true to such a small number of people that it's hardly worth mentioning. Don't waste your time and cash on this mag, just pay more attention to what's going on around you and you'll figure it out. Hopefully...

No comments:

Post a Comment