July 25, 2012

I'm not a self-racist, and that stripper's a bitch


So, I am blogging late at night after leaving a strip club for a friend's birthday. I should be telling you an awesome story about hot strippers and blowing cash but I'm writing because I am pissed off and extremely insulted.


I had one long lap dance the whole night. It was amazing. Around 1:45 AM, me and 2 friends briefly left to catch last call at a nearby bar. While it was to no avail, we head back into the strip club and right as I sit down, I am approached by a dancer (who is black) and she rudely states, "Oh, so you must not be into black women?" What makes this such a fucking ignorant comment is that the first girl I conversed with in the club was black and when I wanted to get a dance from her, she was in the back room and was never available. Keep in mind, there are only 5 girls on staff tonight (3 black and 2 white). This stripper goes on to call me an "Uncle Tom" and calls one of my friends's friend a prostitute. At this point, I am completely outraged and I tell the story to one of the bouncers, who has known me since I've started going to this club in 2009.


What kills me about this whole situation is that I have had to deal with simple-minded bullshit like this ever since I was a little kid. When I was 6 years old, I had a crush on a jewish girl and I mock proposed to her with a Ring Pop (She declined, but purchased the ring pop from me for a Quarter) and even then, I remember kids making a comment about me not going after someone "who looks like me."


I get a lot of bullshit for liking things that most black people don't stereotypically enjoy, like Hard Rock music, Hockey, and Cold weather. But one of the things that has always pissed me off is that people feel that I am not attracted to black women because they say that "I've never seen you hang out with any black women" or "You're never hitting on any black women.", I grew up hearing comments in a slightly jestful manner from family like "I could see you marrying a white girl" but they never meant it in a negative connotation, nor was it ever because I disliked a race.


Once again the ignorance is never short of a miscue. I wasn't raised to do certain things or to avoid things based on how few or how many black people were involved. I'm sorry, but I was raised in an era where race was only as big as how someone or the media empathized it. I'm not seen around any black women in Minnesota because a good chunk of the things and places I do and go to, there just aren't any around. I find women of all race attractive. But at the same time, I refuse to feel bad for things that stick out with me. Everyone knows that one big attraction of mine is that I love redheads, especially natural redheads. Now, numbers tell us that Redhead genetics are established from people of Irish or Scottish descent. That eliminates people from all walks of life mostly, not just blacks. But aside from this point, I find women of all races and colors beautiful. Therre are gorgeous women in every race, and there are ugly ones too, and this stripper, for the record, must have interviewed for her spot over the phone.


It sickens me that in 2012, I have to defend myself not from outward racism, but more self-racism than anything else.I don't fucking need to perpetuate any stereotypes and I can do and be with or hang out with or get a fucking lap dance from anyone I want. Like Dr. King preached, I judge by content of charactor, not color of skin. Ergo, I didn't dance with said stripper because she was black, but because she was a total bitch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment