August 6, 2012

Is Alex B. Smith gonna buy a dog?


So the other night, I walked out of my apartment to smoke a cigar and I saw 4 attractive women in the park, all walking dogs. Then I walk across the street, I see 2 other good looking chicks huddled by a patio chair, petting some furry poodle or maybe it was one of those shitzu deals, I dunno.

My point is, for some reason, it seems like nearly every woman loves dogs. Especially out here in Minnesota. They are solid conversation starters and girls like to think that a guy with a pet is more caring and kind than someone without.

Here's my problem: I genuinely do not like dogs. Not one bit.

This photo was taken last week at a friend's house.

I posed for my friend (who loves animals to the point where once she swerved out of the way for a duck on the street... But, I digress)

This little puppy thing jumped on me, and while I don't like pets, I'll never be mean to one. I would have loved to move the thing off of me but I wasn't going to go chuck the damn thing in another yard Brett Farve style. It's one thing to not want them shitting and running in your house, it's another to be mean to them.

But, it makes me think more and more that my distate for pets is being translated into a small sign of inablity to commit to something caring and loving (Like a relationship)

While this is Not the case, I am trying my best to be more accepting to pets. I don't mind cats at all. They keep to themselves, keep moderately clean, and they shit in a box, not in the middle of the floor or yard or wherever the hell they want. I used to have a fish tank when I was a kid, but those things die so fast and cleaning the tank can be a hassle every now and then.

In closing, I would just like to let everyone know that I care about people way more than animals. And I'd much rather buy a girl dinner and a fur coat then have to buy dinner for the fur coat messing  up my nice couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment