August 14, 2012

Grab Bag #12: Jaz is Alive, Alex dances and dries out, and would you like some tortilla chips?

*Wonderful news about Killing Joke singer Jaz Coleman. He was reported missing by his bandmates a couple weeks ago, but we learned today that he is safe and well and was in the Western Sahara working on a new symphony.

*After 2 incidents of blacking out, vomiting, and not remembering what happened, I have decided to dry out for the next week or so. I'm getting a bit tired of having my right side hurting every morning when I wake up and I'm trying to drink away some of the shit I've been dealing with lately, which isn't a good idea. While I know, very few people don't enjoy and/or have never encountered me sober, I assure you all, I will do my best not to injure or obliterate anyone, even if you say something stupid around me. Maybe.

* Another reason to put the bottle down for a bit: This 30-second gem filmed this past weekend

* I have an awesome recipe for Homemade Tortilla Chips:


Ingredients
Peanut oil, for frying
8 fresh flour tortillas
House Seasoning, recipe follows

Directions
Heat 1-inch of peanut oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat to 350 degrees.
Arrange the tortillas in a stack and cut into 6 equal wedges like a pizza. Fry a few chips at a time, turning occasionally with a slotted spoon, until crisp and lightly browned, ABOUT 10-20 SECONDS! (any longer and they will burn!) Drain chips on a paper towel-lined plate; sprinkle lightly with House Seasoning and store in an airtight container.

House Seasoning:
1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.

They should come out looking epic, like above.

No comments:

Post a Comment