May 25, 2012

Grab Bag #8: Hippies Suck, Cabs aren't much better, Perfect Hot Dog and Have a Safe Holiday!


* So last weekend back in Chicago, the NATO and G8 Summits went down and shit was crazy all over the city. Fucking Hippie Protesters kept popping up all over the place and riot cops did their best to not just outright kill them (where's Old Man Daley when ya need him, eh?) Watching this shit on the news made me really glad I didn't try to go home then.

* I'm getting really sick of the unprofessionalism of the Cab companies in Saint Paul. They wanna always bitch about getting fucked by the city council and how people don't tip and are rude to them. Maybe it's because the majority of them are providing a service at a shitty level. Punctuality is just lost on some of these drivers. Maybe it's part of that soft Minnesota passive bullshit but if I call a goddamn cab, it's because I have somewhere to go at a certain time. Lollygag on your own damn time off work.

* I wanna hear some feedback on my Sexual Rant, "Head is Overrated". E-mail me at courtsideseatstohell@gmail.com and voice your thoughts and opinions on the subject

* Over the last year, I have been working on taking a bunch of my recipes and making a cookbook. Since Grilling season is in full swing, I will post up some recipes in the near future.... Like now:

The Perfect Hot Dogs
- 1 pack Kosher All-Beef Hot Dogs (none of the pork/horse combo bullshit, real beef)
- 1 white onion
- 1 yellow and red pepper
- 2 cheap cans of beer (I prefer MGD or Carling Black Label)
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
Optional: Ketchup*, bright green relish

Get a stock pot, pour in 1 1/2 cans of beer, add the peppers and onions, along with the pepper and celery salt, boil on medium-low for 5-7 minutes. Start up grill and finish off 1/2 can of beer while boiling, if desired, warm the hot dog buns on the grill upon starting for 30 seconds a bun. Turn off pot, and place dogs and veggies on the grill. Cook until charred. Remove peppers and onion and chop in bite-sized piece. Top dog with peppers, onions, ketchup* and relish. Add extra celery salt and pepper if desired.

*Note: Yes, I am from Chicago and I put ketchup on my hot dogs. I hate mustard. We can fight about this if you like.

Happy Memorial Day! God Bless our Servicemen & women! And drink, don't drive. Call a cab (if they'll actually pick ya up, the lazy fucks)

No comments:

Post a Comment