September 18, 2012

Grab Bag #13: Lots of Stuff

Sorry that's it's been so long since I've posted on here (with the exception of my College Football Polls)

I have been busy struggling with losing my bets and out drinking, as usual. But there has been lots going on, so let's catch up right quick:

* I'm getting my feet back into the door in the world of music, I am working with some musicians on a blues project here in St. Paul and also doing some session gigs as well. This comes in perfect timing with me about to buy a new Bass Guitar this month. I will keep you guys posted on any shows I ever do right here on the blog.

* I don't know how me or my friends or anyone who likes real fuckin Rap missed this last Killer Mike album, "R.A.P".  This has to be one of the best albums I've heard in awhile. My favorite track right now is "Untitled" but you can listen to the entire album HERE

*Coming up soon will be my 2012 Election Preview. It's one of two times I will talk about the Race for President. Remember this Isn't CNN or Fox News, but keep an eye out for it within the next month.

* Fall is officially here in town, weather-wise. Time to turn off the A.C and dry clean those comforters. Here's a Whiskey to try out and I'll leave you with an awesome recipe for one of my favorite cold-weather dishes, and the closest thing to soup that I'll ever eat, Chili!



Total recipe time: 2-2-3/4 hours
Makes 4 servings

Ingredients
1-1/2 pounds Ground Round
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Salt
Black Pepper
Paprika
1 medium onion, chopped
1 small bag of yellow and white corn
1 medium jalapeño pepper, minced (with seeds)
2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chili-seasoned diced tomatoes

Instructions
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Brown 1/2 of beef; remove from stockpot. Repeat with remaining beef. Remove beef from stockpot. Season with salt, pepper and paprika, as desired. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, onion and jalapeño pepper to stockpot. Cook and stir 5 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Return beef and juices to stockpot. Add tomatoes and corn; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until beef is fork-tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment