October 25, 2012

hiatus...


Over the last several months, I have been trying to work on building myself back within the local music scene. I had gone back to writing poetry and working on my compilation of basslines and poems, titled "BassPoetry" and I have also tried to start up or work with some new artists and projects in the area.

While I understand the task of starting up from scratch, I realised recently that my heart and motivation for music is no longer what it once was. After my stepping down from my old project, I realized that the amount of work that I have put into music over parts of nearly 14 years have never came close to being reciprocated. That goes the same for the artists in which I have managed.

At 23, I realise that while there is a lot of life left to live, time is running short as to building a career and a path for the future. So I am talking this time to announce my indefinite leave of absence from the world of music. While I know that being in one city doesn't mean a career can't be formed somewhere else, I know that if I can't keep motivated and find people fully dedicated to music in a city that is known for a so-called strong music scene, then it would be more of a headache to try and pull it off anywhere else.

I know a few people will be disappointed to hear this news, mostly my family, who never had the chance to see me perform live, for which I am truly sorry for. And to the people who I'm currently working with on a social media capacity, I do apologize for this sudden dismissal from my work, but I will work with you all to make the transition smooth and easy.

It is time for me to move into a new chapter of life, and sadly, peforming and recording music seems far away from that new chapter. Perhaps at some point in life, music will find it way back in on a perfomance level, but I have other things I need to work on in the coming months.

In closing, I would like to thank every single person who has ever heard me perform live or in recording, all of you who have supported me in my 14 years of playing music, you mean the world to me and I thank you so much for enjoying the ride.

Alex B. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment