April 17, 2012

Grab Bag #7: Fuck Brendan Shanahan, Subway needs to fuckin quit with the BBQ disasters, and a new drink I tried

- Brendan Shanahan is a former hockey player, winning championships as a member of the Detroilet Red Wings (yes, Detroilet as in Detroit + Toilet). Nowadays, he is in charge of Disiplining NHL Players for dirty plays and so forth. All season long he has been inconsistant with the suspensions and fines for these calls. Nashville defenseman Shea Weber takes a player's head to the rail of the glass and slams it, causing a minor injury but intending to hurt the player. All he gets is a cash fine. Hawks forward Andrew Shaw make incidental contact with Phoenix goalie Mike Smith while in the trapezoid behind the net. Smith dove and flopped like a 4 year old, seemed really hurt but got up and finished the game. Today, Shaw is issued a 3 game suspension. There's another two dozen instances of this babyshit where the punishments and crimes do not fit each other. I'm glad he's not a real fuckin law judge let me tell ya.

- So I got excited earlier when I heard of Subway doing a BBQ Chicken Sandwich. I know their other chicken sandwiches are good, and Barbeque sauce is epic (when done right) so this should be as good as their world-class Steak Sandwich. Man I was so fucking wrong. I should have learned my lesson from the Pork Sandwich failure they had a few months ago, Subway is not a Barbeque joint. But what they need to do is bottle up and sell that sweet onion sauce they have. That shit is fire and I would put that on damn near everything I eat.

- So I was listening to an old Young Jeezy mixtape on my laptop this weekend and I heard the track "Start It Up" and he mentions in a line "I'm on that new Thug Passion, Belvidere and Sake". While we all know that real and hologram Tupac coined Thug Passion as Alize and Cristal, I went and got a bottle of Belvi and some Cherry sake and I'll be damnned if that isn't a badass drink. Very refreshing but will get you fucked up quick.



New Thug Passion
2 oz Belvidere Vodka
2 oz Fu-Ki Cherry Sake

Pour over ice in a rocks glass, stir with straw

No comments:

Post a Comment